NEW: MapDisto 2.0 is available for Windows system. Check our Download page
New features in MapDisto 2.0 include:
* handling of very big genotyping datasets like the ones generated by genotyping-by-sequencing (GBS), through a Java plugin by Christopher Heffelfinger
* direct importation of Variant Call Format (VCF) files
* construction of linkage groups in case of segregation distortion
* data imputation on VCF files using a new approach, called LB-Impute (Fragoso et al, Genetics 2015)
* QTL search via new R/qtl interface
MapDisto is a program for mapping genetic markers in experimental segregating populations like backcross, F2, doubled haploids, single-seed descent, highly recombinant lines.
Thanks to its intuitive graphical interface, MapDisto is very easy to use. It has many features such as drawing genetic maps, computing allelic desequilibrium, finding linkage groups, automatic ordering of loci, simple QTL analysis, exporting data and maps for other mapping software, etc... One of its specificities is to propose recombination fraction estimates in case of segregation distortion.
You are invited to have a look at its features for a complete overview. See also MapDisto links at IBP and mybiosoftware.
MapDisto has been used in many genetic studies. See a list of publications referring to it.
If you want to cite MapDisto in your paper, please use this reference:
Lorieux M (2012) MapDisto: fast and efficient computation of genetic linkage maps. Molecular Breeding 30:1231-1235 (DOI 10.1007/s11032-012-9706-y)
Note: MapDisto needs Microsoft® Excel 2007 or later